Thursday 24 July 2008

Calling all environmental students or other interested parties...

I blogged about Carbon Goggles the other day.

Coincidentally, I bumped into Babbage Linden at the Virtual Policy '08 event in London on Tuesday and he wondered if I knew of anyone (individuals or groups) who might be able to help him tag in-world objects with enough information to enable his software to grab carbon emissions information dynamically from AMEE.

I presume that the tagging process itself is pretty simple. I wonder if someone could turn this activity into some kind of introductory learning exercise for students new to Second Life? "Find 10 in-world objects that represent real-world objects and tag them for Carbon Goggles", kind of thing? Or perhaps it's something that a group of students might get into for its own sake?

Whatever... if you are interested, get in touch with Babbage Linden in-world. I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to you about it.

No comments: