Friday 19 September 2008

Using SL to support events

I'm speaking at a JISC Services skills event in Oxford next week about how virtual worlds such as Second Life can be used to support events.

I plan to do the whole talk in-world, to give the RL audience a better feel for what is possible.

I'll be using in-world voice and will provide an in-world copy of my slides.  It would be great to have a SL audience as well, particularly if you are willing to offer your views on what is good and bad about virtual world events.  I'll allow plenty of time for some RL/SL cross-over discussion at the end.  (We'll probably use chat for the discussion part).

My talk will be on Thurs 25th Sept and will start at 15.30 (UK time - UTC+1) and run for about an hour.  I'll be in the Virtual Congress Centre on Eduserv Island.

Hope to see you there...

No comments: